Did You Know?
Canadians are more likely to trust ads from Ad Standards members. Find out more in our 2022 report: State of Advertising Perceptions & Attitudes, conducted by Numerator.
- Ad Standards Advisories
- Consumer Research
- Guidelines for the Use of Comparative Advertising and Guidelines for the Use of Research and Survey Data to Support Comparative Advertising Claims
- Unboxing Videos: Unboxed!
- Advertising of Cannabis Products
- Advertising of Vaping Products
- Advertising of iGaming in Ontario (internet gaming including sports/events betting)
- Volunteer Opportunities
Canadian Code of Advertising Standards and Related Documents
Clearance Services Reference Library
Our Clearance Services help ensure advertising meets regulatory requirements for the categories listed below. In each of these libraries you will find reference guides, forms, and other helpful resources to help guide you through regulatory requirements and your clearance services submissions.
Compliance Plus Programs
- Interpretation Guideline #4 – Alleged Infractions of Clauses 10 or 14: Motor Vehicle Advertising
- Advisory: (2006) Automobile advertising
Responsible Advertising of Food and Beverage Products to Children
- About the Code for the Responsible Advertising of Food and Beverage Products to Children
- Administration of the Code for Children’s Food and Beverage Advertising
- Code for the Responsible Advertising of Food and Beverage Products to Children (PDF)
- Guide for the Responsible Advertising of Food and Beverage Products to Children (PDF)
- Self-regulation of Children's Advertising in Canada
- DAAC Principles for Online Interest-Based Advertising
- Accountability/Submit a Complaint
- AdChoices Accountability Program Compliance Reports
- Influencer Marketing Overview
- Influencer Marketing Steering Committee Disclosure Guidelines
- Interpretation Guideline #5 – Testimonials, Endorsements, Reviews
- Influencer Marketing Research 2021 - Conducted by Caddle Canada
- How To Spot Influencer Marketing (video)
Spirits/Alcoholic Beverage Advertising
- Spirits Canada’s Code of Responsible Advertising and Marketing
- Complaint Procedure: Spirits Canada’s Code of Responsible Advertising and Marketing
Non-Partisan Review for Government Advertising
Children's Advertising Initiative (CAI) - Archived
Access a comprehensive list of links to organizations, both national and international, on our Helpful Links page.