Did You Know?
Canadians are more likely to trust ads from Ad Standards members. Find out more in our 2022 report: State of Advertising Perceptions & Attitudes, conducted by Numerator.
How to Spot Influencer Marketing
This video was made to inform teenagers on how to tell when their favourite influencers are advertising products or services. The short (2.5 minute) video covers:
- How influencers are compensated for advertising a product/service
- Understanding “disclosure”
- Where to look for evidence of disclosure on social media
- What to do if an influencer has failed to disclose whether their post or video is actually an ad
- Other need-to-know information related to influencer marketing
This video was created for Media Literacy Week 2022. For more information, visit www.medialiteracyweek.ca