Health Products Advertising Preclearance Copy Reviewer
Ad Standards Clearance Services
Ad Standards, the national not-for-profit self-regulatory organization for the advertising industry, seeks an Analyst, Clearance Services, focusing on Health Products. This position will evaluate consumer-directed English and French advertising and informational copy for compliance with applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and policies in the health products sector, including OTC drugs, vaccines, natural health products, medical devices, and prescription drug communications.
- Review consumer-directed advertising copy and information messages for health products to determine compliance with applicable Canadian laws, regulations, guidelines, and policies, including the Food and Drugs Act and Regulations, The Distinction between Advertising and Other Activities, and authorized product information
- Develop written responses to clients, identifying areas of concern and potential solutions regarding specific advertising messages
- Explain applicable regulations and discuss potential solutions with submitters
- Understand and consistently apply the various laws, regulations, guidelines and policies
- Maintain and strengthen relationships with submitters
- Contribute to, and participate in, presentations, education, and outreach initiatives
- BSc/ Life Sciences post-secondary education
- Ability to read and interpret scientific documents, e.g. journal articles and research papers
- Proficient computer skills including all MS Office applications and Adobe Acrobat
- Strong English language skills (spoken and written) required
Fluency in French (spoken and written), and experience with the advertising industry, are assets to this position.
The ideal candidate will be a great problem solver with a keen attention to detail. Working collaboratively with the health products preclearance team to identify potential issues and find practical solutions, this position requires excellent organizational skills, the ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet tight deadlines. Candidates with an interest in advertising, social media, and pop culture, are likely to bring the right nuanced eye. Success in the position will require the ability to review and analyze copy and apply the applicable regulatory framework, and excellent communication skills to explain that analysis to submitters.
At this time, Ad Standards’ staff are working from home. It is expected that in future, the successful candidate may be required to report to Ad Standards’ offices in either Toronto or Montreal up to three days per week. Staff are expected to have a work-from-home environment conducive to the management and discussion of confidential information, and a reliable internet connection. Plans for returning to an office environment are not yet confirmed.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume online to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those candidates selected for (virtual) interviews will be contacted directly.