Analyst, Advertising Copy Reviewer
Ad Standards Clearance Services
Ad Standards, the national not-for-profit self-regulatory organization for the advertising industry, seeks a fully bilingual Advertising Clearance Analyst. The analyst will evaluate English and French advertising copy for compliance with applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and policies. Ad Standards Clearance Services currently reviews advertising and information messages in five regulated categories: food, alcoholic beverages, cosmetics, health products, and broadcast advertising directed to children.
- Review advertising copy in regulated sectors (excluding health products) to determine compliance with the applicable laws, regulations, guidelines, and policies
- Develop written responses to clients, identifying areas of concern and potential solutions regarding specific advertising submissions
- Explain applicable regulations and discuss potential solutions with submitters
- Understand and consistently apply the various laws, regulations, guidelines and policies
- Maintain and strengthen relationships with submitters
- Contribute to, and participate in, presentations, education, and outreach intiatives
- Fluently bilingual in written and spoken English and French
- Ability to find, and evaluate the credibility of, online sources
- Proficient computer skills including all MS Office applications and Adobe Acrobat
The ideal candidate will be a great problem solver with a keen attention to detail. Working collaboratively with the preclearance team to identify potential issues and find practical solutions, this position requires excellent organizational skills, the ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet tight deadlines. Candidates with an interest in advertising, social media, and pop culture, are likely to bring the right nuanced eye. Success in the position will require the ability to review and analyze copy and apply the applicable regulatory framework, and excellent communication skills to explain that analysis to submitters.
Post-secondary education, and experience with the advertising industry, are assets to this position.
At this time, Ad Standards’ staff are working from home. It is expected that in future, the successful candidate may be required to report to Ad Standards’ offices in either Toronto or Montreal up to three days per week. Staff are expected to have a work-from-home environment conducive to the management and discussion of confidential information, and a reliable internet connection. Plans for returning to an office environment are not yet confirmed.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume to: email@example.com
We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those candidates selected for (virtual) interviews will be contacted directly.